Pages

Jul 27, 2014

Classroom Environment in a 1st Grade Class


Hello my Bilingual Friends!
On July 23rd, I started a new school year with 25 lovely first graders.  I’m excited and a bit nervous (yes, after 20 years) to see what this year has stored for us.

I’m sharing a few pictures of my classroom environment this time around so that you get ideas on how you would like to set up yours. 

Classroom Jobs
Each student in my classroom holds a job for a week.  No one is left out, everyone participates to keep the classroom in order.  sometime I will place two students for the same job because it takes longer to accomplish.   Find the cards in my TPT store.  

Math Tubs
I got these math tubs at Party City.  They hold all the manipulatives we need for our math lessons.  
You can find these labels for FREE here!!

Daily 5 in Spanish
I started reading the Daily 5 (2nd edition) and I fell in love with the management system once again.  I made these headers for my Daily 5 wall.  My students will place their number inside the sheet protector to let me know what activity they have picked.  Meanwhile, I would be working with small groups.

Big Bean Bags
I got these wonderful bean bags so that my students can read with a partner during our Daily 5 time.  I purchased them at Walmart for $29 (online) and the shipping for these adorable chairs was FREE!

I hope you enjoyed a little tour of my classroom!  
Until next time!  Angelica Sandoval



2 comments:

  1. Hey Angelica, I stumbled across your blog through MsMk1ELL :) So glad I have another bilingual teacher blog to follow! This year I will be in a new school doing self-contained 1st bilingüe, so I will be visiting your blog often.

    Ventaneando: A Window Into First Grade Bilingüe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    My Site: Kingtricks.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10